- 1 1/2 oz Brandy
- 1/2 oz Dark Rum (1)
- 1/3 oz Pumpkin Spice Syrup (2)
- 1/3 oz Pumpkin Schnapps
- 1 1/3 oz Half and Half (cream/ milk)
- 1 dash Hell-fire bitters (3)
Shake with Ice in a cocktail shaker and then strain into an Crushed Ice-filled Lowball Glass. Garnish with a Cinnamon stick and then, insert a straw that has been cut to 1-inch above the top of the cup so the nose is forced close to the cinnamon when sipping this Autumn Ablazed.
(1) Any Brown sugar cane rum or Demerara rums works best.
(2) Torani and Monin brands carry Pumpkin Spice Syrup
(3) I recommend doing your own Hell Fire Bitters
A little advice
- El Dorado rum, Captain Morgan, Mount Gay Rum, Ron Viejo de Caldas, Flor de Caña, Zacapa... any of these Caribbean rums would work just fine.
- My homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup is really easy to do. See below for the recipe.
- My homemade Hellfire bitters recipe is at the end of the blog.
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Simmer in sauce pan:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pre-cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp mace
stir until sugar dissolves, Cool slightly, then stir in about a shot of Cognac.Strain using coffee filter.
My own recipe - easy to do
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 oz Rum
- 1 oz water
- 1 oz coffee
In a small pot, muddle the jalapeño. Add rum and muddle some more. Mix in the coffee and the water; cover on low heat for 10 min. Cool. strain, let sit for 6 hours. Use dropper to pour over drinks.